Saturday, December 20, 2008

Firehouse Santa.

So since Ayden has been born, I never got into the whole Santa thing. Mainly because I didn't want to fight the crowds of annoyed parents and squirmy children waiting to get 2 seconds on Santa's lap, with a picture that never turns out because the child is overstimulated, uncomfortable in their dressed up clothes, and scared. Not to mention you paid a day's work of pay for the picture that never turns out. This year I got lucky, so lucky. One of Ayden's nursery school classmate's father (you following me?) works for the Edgewater firestation. They decided to put together a breakfast with Santa. Come to find out they had even posted an ad in the newspaper, but it only seemed to attract the kids from Ayden's school. So at 9 this morning, Ayden and I headed over to the station, where we were fed pancakes, sausage, coffee, and juice and ate alongside of Santa and some of the firemen. I couldn't have asked for anything better! Ayden was thrilled. I don't know which was more exciting-Santa, the firetruck, the firehat, or the sausage. Ha. These shots capture our great morning.

"Ho Ho Ho" is what Ayden said the entire ride over.


Yummy sausage.


Enjoying a candy cane.


Ayden gets up close and personal with Santa as Santa ties his shoe.


Give a big smile!


Ayden and Lilly, one of his classmates.

No comments: