Thursday, August 30, 2007

An awakening.

At about 6:30 this morning, I woke up to Ayden hollering. This is somewhat normal character, as I'm slow to move out of the bed. But this morning was an especially high-pitched holler when his normal mornings are more even-toned as if saying, "HEY! get your butt up, MOM!" Naturally, the raise of pitch had me jumping out of bed quicker than usual...only to find Ayden has discovered his diaper! And the removal of it! I always wondered when the time would come when I would find him this way, and to my dismay, it came a bit sooner than I hoped. Well, basically Ayden's usual nighttime bath was pushed to a 7AM soaking and scrubbing all while I found myself throwing sheets and bumper in the wash and disinfecting the entire crib. Ayden was quite the artist...if you catch my drift.

Ew.

And THIS is called motherhood....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happened to me, TWICE!! Just part of the motherhood deal I guess (especially for mothers of boys I've heard). Hey, it could be worse...at least he was in his crib (a confined space).

Corey said...

Well Im sorry to hear that happened I wish I could have been there to help you out with that one.

Manda said...

memories to laugh at from now on...kids do the funniest and grossest things, don't they?

just wanted to tell you that i tagged you--go to my blog to see what i mean. kind of fun and silly, too.

hope you are having a good week!